My snowman cupcakes recipe with coconut and chocolate chips, the best festive sweet treats for kids and grown-ups alike. Super easy to make, ready in no time, and gone from the plate in seconds.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…it really looks a lot, and I mean a lot like Christmas. I can’t believe it is not even December yet, and everywhere you look there are decorations, Christmas trees, Christmas lights switched on already, goodies. The town is so ready for the big celebration. And I haven’t even started my shopping yet… But, I have aready started thinking about my Chritmas food menu. These cupcakes are definitely going to be on the list, no doubt about that. I just love coconut, it gives such an amazing flavour to these already delicious cupcakes. Not to mention the chocolate chips, I mean, it’s chocolate, we know it’s divine.
If you have kids, then this is a recipe to get them to help you. They will love to get their little hands messy, and I am sure they will be more than pleased with the final result. Not only cute, but fun to eat too. Oh, you really have to listen to Christmas songs while baking the snowman cupcakes, just to add some extra magic. Don’t you just love Christmas?
For the cupcakes:
- 100 g butter, softened
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp full-fat milk
- 100 g dessicated coconut
For the cream cheese icing:
- 100 g cream cheese
- 25 g butter, softened
- 100 g icing sugar
- 50 g dessicated coconut
- chocolate chips and orange peel to decorate
Snowman cupcakes Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and caster sugar until smooth, then add the eggs one by one.
- Sift in the flour, then fold in half of the coconut and milk.
- Gently mix so that you can get a smooth consistency.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases, and spoon the mixture in evenly, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled down, use a teaspoon to spread the icing over each cupcake.
- Sprinkle dessicated coconut generously on the cupcakes, so that they are fully covered.
- Use chocolate chips and small pieces of orange peel to decorate.
Snowman cupcakes Recipe